This is my first Raw Recipe post! Food is an important part of eating disorder recovery. In order to make peace with food again, I am learning to cook recipes from scratch. I think it is a great thing to do for me as well as others in recovery so, I am going to share my recipes on here! I am going to start posting a schlep of recipes that I make under the title Raw Recipe. My first Recipe is this yummy Sweet Potato Salad! This recipe is not too hard to make fresh and it tastes amaaazzzziiiiinnnngggg! I did, however, have a difficulty chopping the raw sweet potatoes so, you may need a friend or family member to help you with the choppin’. Other than that the process was pretty easy.
To make this tasty salad, you will need:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, quartered
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, skinned,pitted and chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 TB olive oil
- salt and pepper
Here are the direction to prepare:
1) Lay the quartered sweet potatoes in a baking pan, coat them with a tablespoon of olive oil and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stick them in the oven to roast at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until browned. Turn them over halfway through baking time.
2) When the sweet potatoes are cooked, chop them into cubes.
3) In a large bowl, mix beans, avocado, pepper, onion, cilantro, and cooked cubed sweet potatoes. Add lime juice, garlic powder, and salt + pepper. Mix until all ingredients are coated in seasoning.
4) Serve and enjoy!
I was so pleased how this recipe turned out! I will absolutely make it again! I hope you enjoy it too! Special thanks to my mom for assisting in the meal preparation!
For those on a meal plan the exchanges for 1 serving (3/4 cup): 1 protein, 3 fats, and 2 starches. Also, this recipe serves 4.
Feel free to comment links to any recipes to inspire my next Raw Recipe!
Recipe modeled after this one.